The Bugs Blocking In-Content Prefs
6 November, 2014 § Leave a comment
If you’ve been following my blog, you know that there has been a long on-going project to rewrite Firefox’ preferences and move them to a page within the browser.
Work has continued on that front, but it has been moving at a slow pace. Today, representatives from engineering, user experience, and project management met together to form the remaining list of bugs that are blocking us from shipping in-content preferences to the Release channel.
In total, we have 20 bugs blocking the release. There are five different categories that the bugs fit in. Bugs that should be easy to pick up and finish for a new-comer are highlighted.
- High-contrast mode
- Bug 1022578: Can’t tell what category is selected in about:preferences when using High Contrast mode
- Bug 1022579: Help buttons in about:preferences have no icon when using High Contrast mode
- Bug 1022582: Checkboxes and radio buttons in about:preferences lack any indication they’re checked/selected when using High Contrast mode
- Session restore
- Bug 1056478: Resizer of sub-dialog follows only half of the movement of mouse pointer
- Bug 1055973: Navigating by TAB key, it should be only in between the browser UI and the sub-dialog
- Bug 1044600: in-content preferences: empty dialogs after pressing backspace or the Back button
- Bug 1044597: in-content preferences: resized dialogs should not push buttons into overflow
- Bug 1043346: in-content subdialog cut off on bottom and right. Unrelated subdialog size changing affect the other one.
- Bug 1043612: Persist the size of resizable in-content subdialogs
- Bug 1012410: Can’t close in-content cookie exceptions dialog
- Bug 1089812: Implement updated In-content pref secondary dialogs
- Bug 1014208: Updated InContent Preferences Design Based on Project Chameleon
- Bug 1036434: In-content preferences doesn’t show the complete scrollbar
- Bug 1008171: No focus for elements except textboxes (and buttons, on Windows and Linux) inside in-content preferences
- Bug 1008172: Scrolling up and down on pages with scrollbars in about:preferences will change subgroups
If you’d like to work on one of the above bugs, please click on the bug and read the details. If you have any questions, please post the question in the bug and someone will get back to you. Thanks!