Status update – In-content Preferences, part 5
4 March, 2015 § 4 Comments
Firefox 38 has now merged to Aurora (Firefox Developer Edition) and we are a couple weeks into development of Firefox 39 on mozilla-central. At this point, bugs that are fixed on mozilla-central will need to be uplifted to mozilla-aurora to continue to ride the 38 train.
These are some of the 21 bugs that were fixed since the last update (1/31/2015):
- Bug 1008171 No focus for elements except textboxes (and buttons, on Windows and Linux) inside in-content preferences
- Bug 1025719 – openPreferences(panelName) doesn’t open the requested pane if about:preferences is in a yet-to-be-loaded tab
- Bug 1034296 – Action dropdown in Application pane does not open when session restored
- Bug 1037225 – Consider keeping browser.preferences.instantApply = false on Windows
- Bug 1044597 – in-content preferences: resized dialogs should not push buttons into overflow
- Bug 1047586 – Unable to interact with in-content preferences after changing minimum font size to a very large value
- Bug 1108302 – Menulists in the in-content preferences have too much padding at the start of their contents
- Bug 1111353 – No longer displayed check mark in in-content preferences if Text : white, Background : Black and Select “Never” in “Content” > “Colors…” > “Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above”
Since the last update all of the P1-tracked bugs have been fixed. We are tracking the following P2 bugs:
Bug 1043612 – Persist the size of resizable in-content subdialogs
Bug 1136645 – InContent prefs – Make focusrings match the spec on Windows and Linux
Bug 1044600 – in-content preferences: empty dialogs after pressing backspace or the Back button
Bug 1044600 in the above list should be very close to getting fixed. It has landed and been backed out a couple times due to intermittent failures and leaks, but is making steady progress towards being fixed.
Gijs and I will be meeting up in less than two weeks in San Francisco to have a “hack week” focusing on the in-content preferences. We’ve gone through the list of bugs in the in-content preferences and put together a subset of 10 bugs that we’ll tackle during the week if they’re not fixed beforehand.
Big thanks go out to Ian Moody [:Kwan], Gijs, Yash Mehrotra, Richard Marti [:Paenglab], and Tim Nguyen [:ntim] for their help in fixing the 21 bugs.