Trials and tribulations of building Google Chrome with Visual Studio 2008
25 March, 2009 § Leave a comment
You’ve downloaded the Google Chrome tarball from their website and are all ready to build it and play around with the code. This is what I was ready to do. The IDE that I have installed on my machine is Visual Studio 2008 SP1, which isn’t supported yet for the Chromium solution. Here are the steps that I have taken so far, they may be helpful if you are in my steps:
By the way, my download was revision 10080.
- In MathExtras.h, you’ll have to comment out the line #include <xmath.h> from the WebKit\WebCore file.
- Remove all the inline keywords from the Glue project
- Add the RAW_KEY_DOWN value to the WebInput enumeration.
This is where I sit now. I’ve got about 150 errors when I build. Some of the errors mention missing files. When I get a chance I’m planning on just syncing up my source with the latest and hoping that will fix some of the missing files. When I get it all working, I’ll add a post with steps on how to build Google Chrome with Visual Studio 2008 SP1.
Leave a Reply