7 January, 2009 § Leave a comment
Today marks the second update to YouTube Playlist Downloader. This update includes bug fixes and new features. The changes are outlined after the jump.
I have created a short video showing one of the new features in version 1.1: Single Video Downloads
With this latest version, you can skip the step of creating the playlist if you just want to download a single video. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment on this post.
3 January, 2009 § Leave a comment
Today is the release of YouTube Playlist Downloader 1.0.1. This is a maintenance release and contains bug fixes.
- Added a check for .Net 3.5 installed when the program starts up. .Net 3.5 is required for the program to run and caused an ambiguous error message to display when it wasn’t installed.
- The window for the program can now be dragged. With this added, the context menu support regressed and will be fixed in the next release. At this point in the program life cycle, I feel that being able to move the window around the screen was more important than the context-menu support.
- Fixed a bug with the current download number not incrementing. In version 1.0, the current download number stayed at 1 throughout the whole playlist download. This has now been fixed.
- On Windows Vista there was a bug that caused the text “Paste YouTube playlist url below:” to get truncated. This update includes an initial try at fixing this bug.
- There is now an installer for the program. It is a self-extracting executable that will create a shortcut to the program on your Desktop.
- Also included is a new icon. Thanks goes out to UtomBox.
Please let me know if you have any feature requests or issues with the program.
23 December, 2008 § Leave a comment
I’ve just released the first version of the YouTube Playlist Downloader. Paste into this program your YouTube playlist URL and it can download all the songs in the playlist and save them as MP3’s so you can put them on your iPod for the road.
The program requires version 3.5 or higher of the .Net runtime installed on the local machine.
I’ll be working on adding support to save the videos and speeding up the downloads in the future. If there are any other feature requests, please leave a note for them on the project page.